Welcome to Performance Care Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation Center
We specialize in a wide range of pain management and rehabilitation services for Sports Injuries, Acute & Chronic Pain.
Sports Injury Rehabilitation
Shock Wave Therapy
Active Release Technique
Trigger Point Injections
Headache Pain Relief
Low Level Laser
Functional Movement Screening
Medical Weight Loss
Common Symptoms We Help
A majority of us – 8 out of 10 – will experience back pain at some point in our lives, making acute low back pain the fifth most common reason for physician visits nationwide. Back pain can originate from the discs, joints, muscles, nerves, bones, or other structures in the spine. Our team is committed to finding a permanent solution for your pain. We are motivated by our reputation to help you understand where and why you have back pain.
In our experience at Las Vegas Pain Relief Center back pain is most often in older adults attributed to lumbar disc herniation and/or degenerative joint disease. To successfully treat low back pain and help provide you the best pain relief we believe it is important to target all causes.
Your pain may be constant or intermittent, stay in one place or radiate to other areas. It may feel like a dull ache, or a sharp, piercing or burning sensation. If you experience pain in your upper back, you may also feel pain radiating into your arm or hand. If you experience pain in your low back, you may feel pain radiating into your leg or foot or even experience muscle weakness, numbness or tingling in these lower extremities.
Whether it hits you once suddenly or you suffer from chronic back pain, the pain can be debilitating and depending on the severity, it can even be life changing. That’s why we are here to help you take care of your back and keep it working properly. A full exam and clinical diagnosis of the cause of back pain is a specialty of Performance Care Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation.
Don’t wait for your back and neck pain to increase, contact us or call us today at (818) 766-4307
Comprehensive Treatment for Headaches & Migraines Pain Relief
Our chiropractor and doctor first work together to understand the root causes for your headaches or migraines. There are almost as many causes and triggers for this pain as there are people, but here are some of the most common:
- Stress and tension—Tension headaches often start with tightness in the neck and spread up into the head, particularly during and after a long, stressful day.
- Subluxations—Both injury or long-term poor posture can cause misalignments between vertebrae that pinch nerves responsible for sensation, movement and blood flow in the head.
- Injury—Whiplash and other injuries to the head and neck area can cause subluxations and strained soft tissues that lead to headaches and migraines.
- Common migraine triggers—These may include certain processed foods, beverages, irregular sleeping habits, dehydration, blood sugar swings, hormonal changes, stress, smells, bright lights, and even changes in barometric pressure.
Chiropractic Care Provides Relief for Neck Pain
Neck pain responds extremely well to chiropractic care blended with physical therapy, massage and medical care. Our multifaceted treatment approach speeds healing for all the possible causes of cervical spine injury and soreness, including:
- Whiplash—This injury is one of the most common reasons for neck pain. Anything from a major car accident to a minor fender bender, or a sports injury to a work injury might cause whiplash when the head suddenly jolts from one direction to another. This sudden, forceful movement strains muscles, tendons and ligaments while jostling vertebrae. This can cause painful pressure on the discs and pinch nerves.
- Chronic Poor Posture and Ergonomics—Excessive forward head posture at your desk, poor ergonomic working conditions, sleeping on the wrong pillow, craning your head over your mobile device… all of these gradually unbalance your neck musculature and spinal alignment, causing discomfort.
- Stress—Tight muscles often follow stressful days. Again, this can cause both soft tissue imbalance and strain while causing vertebral misalignment and pinched nerves.
Because the entire musculoskeletal system of the cervical spine can be involved in a neck injury, our chiropractors usually recommends treatment protocols that attack the pain from multiple angles:
- Our chiropractor provides gentle, precise spinal adjustments to correct spinal misalignments, taking pressure off of nerves and discs for welcome relief.
- Our medical doctor coordinates with our chiropractor to provide you immediate relief from pain and headaches that often accompany neck problems while you are in the process of healing.
- Our massage therapists provide endorphin-based relief, boost circulation, reduce inflammation and relieve tight muscles.
- Our physical therapy team teaches you exercises and stretches to improve strength, flexibility and range of motion.
If you struggle with neck pain, contact us for an appointment at Performance Care Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Center (818) 766-4307
Pain in your shoulders can affect a wide range of activities. Our Active Release Technique doctors treat cases of shoulder pain resulting from as little as working at your computer to participating in activities such as tennis, swimming, and golf. Shoulder pain is commonly slow to respond to traditional treatments, and if shoulder pain progresses, it can make simple tasks, such as reaching for things and sleeping, painful.
As with any type of injury, ART® first looks at the underlying cause of shoulder pain. The shoulder provides a great deal of motion for a single joint, and allows people to reach overhead, behind their bodies, across their chest, and to rotate their arms. The shoulder joint is comprised of the rounded end of the arm bone called the “humerus,” and the flat surface of the shoulder blade, known as the “scapula.” Because the shoulder is the joining of a flat and a round surface, it is a relatively loose joint, which is what enables it to provide such a wide range of motions. Stability and control of this motion is provided by the rotator cuffs and scapular stabilizers.
Shoulder injuries occur most often when significant stress or repetitive motion inhibit the rotator cuffs and scapular stabilizers from doing their job. Many people realize that sports such as tennis or golf can cause shoulder injuries easily. This is because these activities demand both a great deal of force from the rotator cuffs and scapular stabilizers, as their swinging motion requires the arm to reach far behind and in front of the body, and numerous repetitions of those motions.
What many people do not realize, is that shoulder injuries are often caused by the actions of their everyday lives. Any time you push, pull, lift, or carry anything with your arms, your shoulder muscles must contract to protect the shoulder. Even working at your computer requires a small ongoing contraction in the shoulder muscles. These may seem like small matters, but combined with the frequency with which many people complete these actions, these everyday activities can cause serious repetitive use injuries.
Inside the muscles and tendons, these motions cause small-scale muscle damages called microtrauma. If microtrauma is not able to heal, it can lead to the buildup of scar tissue also known as “adhesions.” Adhesions then contribute to the cumulative injury cycle, which can eventually lead to more serious injury, pain, and loss of function.
Traditional treatments for shoulder pain include rest, ice, anti-inflammatory medications, ultrasound, muscle stimulation, steroid injections, stretching, exercises, and if these don’t succeed, surgery is recommended. If these methods are effective, they often must be done over a long period of time, and can be costly both monetarily and in the amount of time away from activities. Many of these methods are only able to treat the symptoms of shoulder pain and not the cause.
Active Release Techniques® locates the exact location of the adhesions and releases them, thus eliminating the underlying cause of the pain. To do this, the ART® provider will apply very specific pressure while you lengthen and stretch the tissue. Because of the hands-on nature of ART® treatment, as the provider releases the tissue in one area they are able to determine the overall health of the muscles and tissues in the area and provide the most comprehensive treatment possible.
Knee pain is an increasingly more common problem in our society and as a result we see more and more patients with knee problems in our centres.
The most common complaints relate to ‘wear and tear’ or osteoarthritis and although a condition such asosteoarthritis is not curable, the symptoms can be reduced and the progression of the problem can be helped thanks to our unique approach to treatment.
Chiropractic treatment is also very effective for many other knee problems.
Please read on to find out how!
Chiropractic treatment may well be the answer if:
- knee pain is limiting your day-to-day or sporting activities,
- you have been given painkillers and been told to rest with no long-term improvement, or
- you have been told you have arthritis and there is nothing that can be done?
The Knee Joint
The knee is a complex joint that relies heavily on ligaments and muscles for stability.
The knee is a major weight bearing joint and is composed of:
- the tibio-femoral joint (between the thigh and lower leg)
- the patello-femoral joint (between the knee cap and the thigh),
- muscles and ligaments, which gives active and passive stability to the knee.
- two ring shaped cartilage discs in the knee, called the menisci (one meniscus).
Examination of the Knee Joint
When pain is perceived as coming from the knee, all the anatomical components need to be examined and in addition to the knee joint, the low back, pelvis, hip, ankle and foot need to be examined due to the direct influence they have on the knee, and vice versa.
As chiropractors we take a comprehensive medical history and perform a thorough physical and biomechanical examination in order to make an accurate diagnosis – without an accurate diagnosis, the treatment will not be successful.
Our approach of assessing and treating the knee includes the evaluation of the other joints and muscles relating to the knee.
This is for several reasons:
- Firstly, pain can be referred from other structures in the low back, pelvis and hip into the knee, in certain conditions.
- Secondly, if other joints in the lower limb are not working correctly they can put increased stress on the knee joint, resulting in injury over time. Therefore to resolve the knee pain chiropractors may also treat other areas, to maximize long-term improvement.
Chiropractic treatment of knee pain
We have outlined the process of our treatment below to give you an idea of our approach. We would normally modify the treatment to suit each patient and their specific conditions. So the type of treatment that is most appropriate for one person is not necessarily right for another.
Stage 1: Reduce joint inflammation and reduce pain.
- Avoidance of aggravating factors, use of a support, sports tape
- Ice to reduce inflammation, muscle spasm and pain
- Soft tissue healing: laser, ultrasound and interferential therapy
Stage 2: Normalise joint function
- Specific chiropractic manipulation and mobilisation techniques to areas of restricted movement in the knee and surrounding joints, to increase movement, improve the function and reduce pain
- Deep soft tissue massage, trigger-point therapy and cross-friction.
Stage 3: Rehabilitation exercise programme.
- When appropriate we introduce exercises to improve strength, endurance and stability. We also work on improving your balance and your sense of joint position(proprioception). This will help you to return to normal and also prevent new injuries.
“Anybody with Plantar Fasciitis, go get a Shock Wave treatment here!! It literally saved my life. I was on my 9th month of crippling pain until I started going to performance care. What a relief!!!”
― Alana R.
The Leader In Multidisciplinary Pain Management in Los Angeles
Our Goal is to always Fulfill your Needs as a Client!.
Dr. Golan Nissim has been voted as one of the Top Los Angeles Chiropractic practices.
Verified by: Opencare.com
Performance Care Chiropractic & Sports Medicine has been providing high-level rehabilitation care for athletes, actors, stuntmen and everyday hardworking people for more than a decade.
Our doctors’ approach is simple: Evaluate each patient’s needs and devise a treatment plan utilizing Active Release Techniques® in conjunction to traditional chiropractic techniques to speed healing and return the patient back to a high level of functionality.
The techniques used by our doctors to treat athletes and athletic injuries are also used to provide relief for a wide range of non-athletic conditions such as TMJ, headaches and carpal tunnel syndrome. In many cases, after treatment patients can mange their conditions without further medical intervention.
Performance Care Chiropractic & Sports Medicine provides the most complete integrated pain management services available, with state of the art treatments, administered by the finest certified medical professionals. Our expertise with all categories of pain relief is second to none. We know what true customer service is all about and we are concerned about the patient’s total satisfaction.
Performance Care Chiropractic & Sports Medicine patients feel special because we deliver on our promises and patients leave with a sense of comfort. Our patients do not settle for feeling good when they can feel great again!