Auto Accident + Injury Care
Premier Auto Accident and Injury
Welcome to Performance Care Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation
WERE YOU INJURED IN AN ACCIDENT?
You need treatment today and that is what we can do for you. All you need to bring with you on your first visit is the accident report and your car insurance information. We can start treating you right away.
Even if you do not have any health insurance, you can still come in for treatment. You are suffering from pain and the last thing you need to do is worry about how to get help. Leave the paperwork up to us.
How does Performance Care treat for accidents and injuries?
When you come into your first appointment at Performance Care, the more information you bring with you, the better.
Please consider bringing the following to your appointment:
The police report or work documentation of the accident
Pictures of bodily injuries (at your discretion)
Your insurance company information
The at-fault party’s insurance information
Your attorney and/or their attorney information (if any)
This information combined with a thorough exam can help our doctors and other medical professionals give you an injury treatment plan. This plan will help you recover from your injuries faster and properly to get you back to your best life.
What injuries can Performance Care treat?
The types of injuries from accidents can vary greatly. We regularly work with patients that have the following injuries or a resulting condition from an injury:
Numbness or Tingling
“Pins and Needles”
Seat Belt Injuries
Spinal Cord Injuries
Call our Chiropractic office immediately after a car accident for an examination!
Here are FIVE very important reasons WHY:
1. During a car accident, a driver or a passenger undergoes a whiplash. This causes the head or back muscles to be suddenly over-stretched beyond their normal physiological range. It can result in micro-tearing of the muscle fibers causing pain in the affected region, be it neck, lower back, shoulder, middle back, or hips. If this tearing does not heal properly, scar tissue can build and cause the affected muscles to shorten in length. Every day this process increases and eventually can lead to arthritic changes and possible disc degeneration as well as neurological impairments.
2. After a car accident, if you suffered injuries, your body needs rest. Our chiropractic doctor will take a history of your health prior to the auto accident to determine if your present injuries were caused by the accident. If our doctor determines that your symptoms will be adversely affected by your work duties, he may suggest you take time off your work to concentrate on the proper healing of your injuries. Only a doctor can determine this factor.
3. At Performance Care, our doctors use a unique combination treatment that is only available in our office. The Doctor combines state-of-the-art modalities that are very successful in correcting muscles spasm with effective chiropractic care and Active Release Techniques at the same time. This ensures that the chiropractic adjustments will be more efficient in giving pain relief of the back and neck, as well as longer lasting effects.
4. Many times, after an accident, the patient may not feel any pain. This is due to the adrenaline effect. Unfortunately, if there is damage that is not corrected, the patient may suffer from severe pain in the future that can become chronic and may progress into arthritis, disc damage, neurological symptoms, chronic neck or back pain, shoulder pain, or chronic headaches. Only a properly trained doctor can detect these asymptomatic injuries that need to be corrected as soon as possible after a car accident.
5. A car accident whiplash can cause the patient to hit their head on the headrest, or steering wheel. This can cause symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, fatigue, loss of memory, blurred vision, temporary loss of consciousness, severe migraine like headaches, vertigo like symptoms, and even loss of appetite and depression. A doctor of chiropractic is trained to determine if any of these symptoms need to be evaluated further, and can refer you to the appropriate specialist for further evaluation, if needed.
Real People, Real Testimonials
The care I received from
the physical therapists here was excellent. They were incredibly knowledgeable, helpful, and kind. I can't recommend them enough.
Dr. Nissim and all of his people are the best. They are all very knowledgeable and good at their jobs. I've been a patient for over 10 years and have used many of the services in his office, including chiropractics, massage (John & Claire are AMAZING!), and physical therapy. Golan and his team have gotten me through some very painful times and I'm appreciative of their expertise and professionalism.
Dr Nissim is like no other Chiropractor I have ever seen, and I have seen many. He is a problem solver, I will forever go to him and recommend him for pain of any kind. I will also say that going to the physical therapy at Performance Care changed my life forever. I re-learned to hold my posture properly and have way less pain episodes than I did before going to performance care. Run, don't walk to Dr. Nissim if you need help.
A CHIROPRACTIC TEAM YOU CAN TRUST
If you have been in a car accident recently, we would encourage you to visit us. You may not think you were injured in any way, but even a minor collision can cause damage to your spine. If you do not get checked right away, you run the risk of finding the problem later and not having the treatment covered by your insurance. Come visit us for a consultation.